Windgeräusche Dachreling / noisy roof rails

• Citroen C4 Cactus Dachreling Ausbau

Hello All,

My factory rails were whistling horribly. The sound started at 125KMH and was bad at 150KMH and was HORRIBLE at 180KMH.
    I took it to my dealer and he spotted a small gap between the rail and the roof of the car. Even though the railing was tightly attached, this gap concerned him.
    So he took it apart.

To disassemble: Do not try to slide off the railing cap. It doesn't work. The dealer used a nylon (plastic) wedge. There are two pry points. Basically if you are standing on the side of the car facing the railing cap, stick the wedge in at about both 1/3 width points. If you look in the photo you can see the flat spot, that is where you should be prying up, first from the outside of the car. The cap should pop up and off. Again, don't slide.

So what he did to fix the sound, he just cleaned the roof with a rag to get some of the dirt away, then he removed a washer (From the front of the car, speaking about only the front left railing corner, there are 3 holes as you go towards the back, he removed a washer from the location of the back hole). Then he put it all back on, and made it really tight. (really really extremely tight). The sound is gone.

He also said that he doesn't get these complaints frequently. So the point is: If you have noise from your roof rails, get it fixed or fix it yourself. It isn't a problem you have to live with. Because I just purchased the car this week they fixed it for free.

Some things I learned:
    - A car with the factory rails STILL has the bolt holes for the "no factory rails roof rack attachment points" (found inside the door, behind the door seal, at the top of the door, you can only see it with the 4 doors open). Interesting.
    - Don't even think about removing your factory rails, there are 10 huge holes left behind.
    -
    Cheers!
    Cactus Dave

• HORRIBLE! Absolut keine Windgeräusche durch die Dachreling, auch nicht bei 190km/h! Ich finde den Cactus mit Dachreling viel schicker. Dazu noch praktisch. Ohne Dachreling würde an meinem Cactus wirklich was fehlen. Für mich also keine Frage! Was machst du mit den Löchern im Dach?
    =O